Have you ever gotten into your car, turned the key and noticed that something just didn’t seem right about your car? Whether it took too long to start, it started vibrating or making strange noises or your check engine light lit up your dashboard, you knew that something needed to be checked out. If you find yourself in this situation in the future, know that you probably need to take your car in for a tune up in Port Charlotte, FL.
Tune ups are great for giving your car a full once-over check to make sure everything is running smoothly and any necessary replacements, repairs or adjustments take place before something major goes wrong. But when is the right time for a tune up? Well, like in that scenario where you notice something’s amiss, your car will likely give you signs that it’s time to get it checked out.
If you notice that your car is doing any of these things, take it to a professional mechanic to get a complete tune up in Port Charlotte, FL:
- Check engine light: It’s one of every car owner’s biggest fears: you’re driving fine, when suddenly the yellow check engine light appears. This is a sure-fire way to know that something is up with your car and a professional should take a look at it.
- Stalling: If you go to accelerate and your car just doesn’t want to move, this is indicative of a big problem. Your spark plugs may be bad, your fuel filter may be clogged or something else might be wrong.
- Strange noises or vibrations: Any sort of unusual noise coming from your engine, your brakes or elsewhere should be cause for concern. And if those noises are accompanied by strange vibrations from your steering wheel or brakes, you should definitely go see a mechanic.
- Decreased fuel economy: Do you feel like you’re making a trip to fill up your gas tank all the time, when your car used to get great gas mileage? While slightly decreased fuel economy occurs naturally over time, a sudden drop usually means that something in your car isn’t functioning properly and should be checked out.
- Difficulty starting: If you put your key in the ignition and your car is difficult to start, whether it takes a few turns to get it up and running or it won’t stay running for long, there could be a number of things wrong with your car. Your battery might be the problem, or perhaps it’s the electrical components that are the issue. Your mechanic will be able to identify and fix the problem.
However, the best way to determine when you should take your car in for a tune up is by checking the owner’s manual that came with your car. The manual will give detailed instructions on when all of the major parts in your car should be replaced or serviced. Be sure to follow these instructions to keep your car running at optimal performance and to save you money on repairs down the road.
Does your car need a tune up in Port Charlotte, FL? The professionals at Ice Cold Auto Repair are your local automotive experts. For over 15 years, we’ve offered any and all maintenance and repair services for your automobile at competitive prices. Give us a call and schedule your appointment today!
Categorised in: Tune Up
This post was written by Writer