Keeping up with vehicle maintenance is the best way to keep a car operating safely and reliably for many years to come, which is why it’s important to know as much as you can about how to properly maintain your specific car or truck. One of the most important aspects of routine maintenance is replacing brake filters and fuel filters in Port Charlotte, FL. If you’re wondering whether it’s necessary to replace your filters, or if you’re wondering how to handle this maintenance procedure on your vehicle, read on for some helpful advice.
Car filter basics
There are a few different filters in your car that you should be aware of. Cabin filters, air filters, oil filters, brake filters and fuel filters in Port Charlotte, FL all play an essential role in the safety, efficiency, performance and comfort of vehicles. Here are some of the basic things you should know about these different filters:
- Cabin filters: Cabin filters are designed to keep your vehicle’s cabin comfortable and improve air quality by filtering out dust, allergens and other particles before the air is pushed through your air conditioning or heating system. Dirty cabin filters can contribute to poor cabin air quality, which might produce unpleasant smells and pollutants that cause respiratory irritation. Replacing a cabin filter doesn’t just improve the comfort of your car—it can also improve the performance and longevity of your AC and heating system. These filters should be changed every 15,000 to 25,000 miles.
- Air filters: Air filters keep bugs, dirt, pollen and other particles from reaching the engine through the air intake. Different types of cars have different kinds of air filters, but all air filters are designed to optimize fuel efficiency and maintain reliable engine performance. Filters may be made from cotton, synthetic paper or foam, depending on the vehicle. For the best engine performance, these filters should be replaced every 12,000 to 15,000 miles.
- Oil filters: It’s common for oil to collect some particles and debris as it’s circulated through the engine, but these suspended particles can have a highly negative effect on performance. Oil filters remove these suspended particles to improve oil performance and boost the longevity of your oil. Recommendations vary from vehicle to vehicle, but it’s a good idea to plan on changing these filters every other oil change.
- Fuel filters: Fuel filters purify your fuel to get rid of contaminants and protect fuel injectors. They minimize wear and tear on your car’s parts and components and help you to avoid long-term engine issues. For the best results, fuel filters should be changed every two years or so.
- Brake filters: Brake filters in Port Charlotte, FL capture small particles and keep your brakes clean. These filters are available for purchase and can be installed on vehicles to optimize brake performance.
Learn more about fuel filters and brake filters in Port Charlotte, FL
At Ice Cold Auto Repair, we know how important it is for vehicle owners to keep up with routine maintenance, and we are here to take the guesswork out of routine car service. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and the satisfaction of our customers. If you have questions about maintenance for your vehicle or wish to schedule a service appointment, give us a call or stop by our shop.
Categorised in: Vehicle Maintenance
This post was written by Writer